|NEW CART POLICIES effective as of October 1, 2012
PLEASE NOTE: The CART facility is currently unavailable as the instruments are being relocated to a new space.
Nova NanoSEM 230
The FEI Nova NanoSEM 230 was installed in December 2009.
The system is equipped with an EDAX Apollo X silicon drift detector energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS) system.
The instrument is also outfitted with an electron backscattered diffraction (EBSD) system, which allows for crystallographic determination on the nanoscale, and, along with imaging capabilities, 3-D reconstructions of the material and crystallography.
• High resolution field emission-SEM column, with:
• Resolution @ optimum WD (high vacuum)
• Beam landing energy: 50 V - 30 kV
• Probe current: 0.6 pA - 100 nA continuously adjustable
• In-lens SE detector (TLD-SE)
• EDAX Apollo X Silicon Drift Detector (SDD), Genesis software
• TSL Digiview III Electron Backscatter Diffraction (EBSD) detector, OIM™ software