February 14, 2020
Upcoming changes for NSF and NIH proposal submissions
- The National Science Foundation (NSF) has released the 2020 Proposal & Award Policies & Procedure Guide (PAPPG), which will be effective for proposals submitted or due on or after June 1, 2020. A couple of the Significant Changes include the new requirement that Biographical Sketches AND Current & Pending Support documents be prepared using one of the two NSF-Approved formats below. Although this is not a requirement until June 1, 2020, NSF encourages PIs to begin familiarizing themselves with SciENcv and this new requirement.
- NSF is partnering with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to use SciENcv: Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae as an NSF-approved format for preparation of both documents. SciENcv will produce an NSF-compliant PDF version of the biographical sketch and Current & Pending Support document that proposers can download and include as part of their proposal.
- NSF will provide a fillable PDF for use in preparation of the Biographical Sketch and Current & Pending Support document (Fillable Form Coming Soon!). Proposers will be able to download the forms from the below webpages, complete them, and then upload as part of their proposal.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) will be releasing the New “Forms-F” Grant Application Forms and instructions (NOT-OD-20-026) for due dates on or after May 25, 2020. Please work with your Grants & Contracts Specialist to ensure the correct forms are used for your submissions. Since UNT uses Cayuse 424 for grants.gov submissions, Cayuse will update with “Forms-F” packages when available. NIH indicates the “Forms-F” application guides will be posted to the How to Apply - Application Guide page no later than March 25, 2020.
- You can preview changes to the PHS forms included in “Forms-F” application packages HERE.
As a reminder, the FY20 Budget Builder is the current version that should be used for proposal budget preparation and is available on the OGCA Forms page: https://research.unt.edu/research-services/grants-and-contracts/forms-and-templates