National Science Foundation (NSF)
NEW! NSF PAPPG Changes Effective January 30, 2023
The National Science Foundation (NSF) has posted a the 2023 Proposal and Award Policies and Procedure Guide (PAPPG) 23-1. Major change highlights:
- References to Research.gov have been incorporated throughout, as part of the final transition from FastLane to Research.gov for proposal preparation and submission. NSF FastLane will be retired and Research.gov submission will be required effective January 27, 2023.
- SciENcv will now be MANDATORY for Biosketches and Current and Pending support documents effective October 23, 2023. It is encouraged to use SciENcv prior to this time.
- Requirements Relating to Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) and Registration in the System for Award Management (SAM), has been modified to clarify that subrecipients named in a proposal must obtain a UEI and register in Research.gov, however, they do not need to be registered in SAM.
Pre-Award has created a UNT Pre-Award NSF Checklist (PDF) that may be helpful when preparing an NSF proposal. Please note that specific solicitations may have additional guidance that deviates from the standard information outlined in the checklist.
NSF has partnered with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to use SciENcv: Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae as an NSF-approved format for use in preparation of the Biographical Sketch & the Current & Pending Support section of an NSF proposal. SciENcv will produce an NSF-compliant PDF version of these documents. Refer to the SciENcv webpage for more information on SciENcv.
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
NEW! NIH Application Guide Changes Effective January 25, 2023 – Forms H Guide
The NIH has posted the General Application Guide for NIH and Other PHS Agencies – Version H, for comprehensive guidance for research, training, fellowship, career development, multi-project, and small business applications.
Pre-Award has created UNT Pre-Award NIH Checklists that may be helpful when preparing an NIH proposal. Please note that specific solicitations may have additional guidance that deviates from the standard information outlined in the checklist. Checklists available are below.
NIH F Series Checklist
NIH K Series Checklist
NIH R Series Checklist
NIH HSCTI Checklist
Please note that the GCA Internal deadline for NIH Multi-Project Submissions deviates from GCA’s typical 6-business day deadline. If you are anticipating submitting an NIH Multi-Project application, please review GCA’s NIH Multi-Project Submission Timeline to ensure you plan accordingly.
SciENcv will produce an NIH-compliant PDF version of a biosketch. Refer to the SciENcv webpage for more information on SciENcv.
Data Management & Sharing Plan
- NIH Data Management and Sharing (DMS) Policy
- NIH Genomic Data Sharing Policy
- Data Management and Sharing Plan Format Page
- Costs for Data Management and Sharing
U.S. Department of Agriculture – National Institute of Food and Agriculture (USDA-NIFA)
The NIFA Grants Application Guide provides guidance for the preparation and submission of NIFA grant applications. This guide provides general information and references pertaining to the grant application process as well as NIFA-specific instructions and requirements.
Additional Guidance or application instructions provided in specific funding opportunity announcements should be followed and supersede general guidance in the NIFA Grants Application Guide.
When applying for a NIFA award, it is important to reference the version of the guide that is included in the specific funding opportunity application package. Click here to see where the NIFA Grants Application Guide is located in the Grants.gov funding opportunity package.
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
The NASA Proposer’s Guidebook outlines the policies and processes for submitting responses to a NASA NOFO, which are also known as NASA Research Announcements (NRA), Cooperative Agreement Notices (CAN), Broad Agency Announcements (BAA), or solicitations.
To submit a research proposal to NASA, individuals must be registered in the NASA Solicitation Proposal Integrated Review and Evaluation System (NSPIRES). Individuals may register at any time. Contact your GCA Specialist if you have questions.