Gifts Related to Research

Gifts to UNT of a restricted or unrestricted nature that do not include any conditions that would classify it as a grant are not viewed as sponsored projects and are not processed through GCA, but through the gift transmittal procedures with Corporate and Foundation Relations within UNT Advancement and with the VPRI’s Research Commercial Agreements (RCA) if the gift requires a research contract. Gift solicitation and acceptance should be coordinated with the appropriate development officer in each college, and with Corporate and Foundation Relations in the Division of Advancement.

Once a PI identifies a funding opportunity, the researcher needs to submit this GCA web form to request for a Grants and Contracts Specialist. The Grants and Contracts Specialist will discuss the RFP or opportunity, provide access to resources and portals, and develop a timeline for submitting the proposal documents to the Grants and Contracts Administration (GCA) for the administrative review process.