Research Integrity and Compliance
(RIC) is committed to serving, educating, and supporting the UNT research community by assuring the Institution and investigators are conducting research in compliance with local, state and federal regulations, and university policies and procedures. To review the roles and responsibilities of a Principal Investigator, visit our PI Handbook page.
The UNT RIC provides guidance and assistance to researchers in the following areas
- Human Subjects and Institutional Review Board (IRB): We will assist you with meeting the regulatory requirements for research activities involving human subjects and the application process.
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC): We will assist you with meeting the regulatory requirements for research activities involving vertebrate animals.
- Conflict of interest (COI): We will assist you in identifying and managing existing or potential conflict of interest situations.
- Export controls: We will assist with the requirements for research activities relevant to export control laws.
- Responsible conduct of research (RCR): We provide resources and/or training in RCR.
Note: the Grants and Contracts Administration oversees effort reporting.