Poster Session Information
The Division of Research and Innovation will host its first annual University Research Day on Thursday, October 5, 2023. This year the Research Development Team will be accepting posters to recognize high-impact, innovative, and educational research on campus by students and faculty. The poster networking session will serve as an opportunity to celebrate our diverse researchers on campus, make meaningful connections, and highlight various departments and colleges here at UNT. Please review the below requirements and if you are interested in submitting an abstract to be considered for a poster, please begin your application here.
- Open to any undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral students
- Open to any faculty/principal investigators
- Abstracts must be submitted through InfoReady
- Must be no more than 750 words, not including references
- References and additional resources can be included on a separate page
- Should include a list of authors and co-authors, along with the department affiliation (not considered apart of the 750 word limit)
- Double space
- Arial or Times New Roman Font
- 12 point type size
- The following abstract structure is recommended (you may modify as needed).
- Identification of Problem and Significance
Considerations and Notes:
- If you are selected as one of our poster presenters, the Research Development Team will contact you for next steps regarding printing and presentation guideline and expectations.
Poster Guidelines and What to Expect:
- If selected, you will be responsible for printing your own poster.
- You will be given 36'' of space on the screen flex board
- You may create your poster in 36” x 24” or 24” x 36” and no larger
- The Division of Research and Innovation will contact those selected for the poster showcase at the 2023 University Research Day.
- Deadline to submit abstracts is Friday, September 15, 2023.
- Applicants notified of selection on Friday, September 22, 2023.
- Individuals will need to be available between 7:00 - 8:00 am on Thursday, October 5, 2023 to set-up their poster in Gateway Ballroom 35.
If you have additional questions regarding the poster networking event, please contact Katie Herring at Katie.Herring@unt.edu.