Proposal Development via. On-Site Proposal Managers
Proposal development at the University of North Texas is a strategic partnership between the Vice President’s Research Development Central Office, and participating Colleges and Research Institutes to hire on-site proposal managers. This shared oversight and team environment allows for more efficient support, knowledge transfer, and training on best practices for the proposal managers. The goal of this ongoing partnership is to recruit and retain top talented professionals in the field of proposal management who will develop expertise in their core research unit, while also nurturing collaboration across units and with other proposal managers in regular meetings and combined events.
Our experienced proposal manager team advises and offers a number of services which are often interdisciplinary and complex, requiring extensive lead time prior to the sponsor deadline. Proposal managers complement the centralized pre-award team in order to submit compliant, on-time proposals. The main objective of the strategic proposal manager initiative is to raise the bar on overall external grant competitiveness submitted by UNT investigators.
The services provided by the proposal managers vary from college to college. Most will offer the following support:
- identify and disseminate funding opportunities
- connect faculty to on and off campus stakeholders
- synthesize & ensure alignment with sponsor mission and the RFA/RFP/FOA
- develop project management (kickoff meeting, submission timeline, proposal checklists)
- facilitate proposal planning meetings (i.e stakeholders)
- liaise between the central office pre-award administrators
- provide technical editing and grantsmanship advice on proposal narratives
- assist with proposal form documents (i.e support letters, facilities, letters of collaboration)
- develop budget & budget justification narrative
- improve graphics and/or illustrations