PHS Investigator Training Requirements
Before engaging in research related to any PHS-funded grant and at least every four years, each Investigator will complete training about Investigator responsibilities under PHS and UNT requirements relating to disclosure of Financial Conflicts of Interest. This training must also be completed immediately when any of the following circumstances apply:
- When UNT revises its financial conflict of interest policies or procedures in any manner that affects the requirements of Investigators;
- When an Investigator is new to UNT; or
- When UNT finds that an Investigator is not in compliance with UNT’s financial conflict of interest policy or procedures or management plan.
- Set up an account by clicking on “Register.”
- Affiliate with the “University of North Texas (Denton, TX)”.
- Scroll down to “Institutional Courses”.
- Click on the blue “View Courses” button next to “University of North Texas (Denton, TX)”.
- Scroll down to a light gray box titled “Learner Tools for the University of North Texas (Denton, TX)”.
- Click the first bullet (“Add a Course”)
- Answer “Yes” to Question 2: “Would you like to take the UNT Conflict of Interest Course for Public Health Service/NIH Funding?”.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Indian Health Service (IHS)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (OASH)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR)
- Office of Global Affairs (OG)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)