- Principal Investigator (PI) Handbook
- On-line Training
- Grants & Contracts Administration
- Research Integrity & Compliance
- Funding Opportunities - Intramural Grants & Awards
- Innovation and Commercialization
- Postdoctoral Affairs Program
Human Subjects Research Program and IRB
The Office of Research Integrity and Compliance (ORIC) provides support and resources to the research community and Institutional Review Board (IRB). We lead this collaborative effort between IRB, researchers, faculty, staff, students, and the community. The aim is to protect the rights and welfare of research volunteers, educate on the process of human research, and facilitate ethical research.
- Step-by-Step Process can be used to learn about the IRB application submission process. Here you will be guided through the process and have access to templates and information for your IRB application.
- Cayuse IRB is used to submit all applications electronically.
- The IRB meeting calendar Roster is available to researchers.
- The PI Handbook and the Human Subjects in Research Policy is designed to guide you through policies and procedures related to research.
- The IRB Standard Operating Procedures include definitions, procedures and other information for the research community and IRB members.
Updates to be aware of:
Revised Common Rule Information: provides information on changes to the Common Rule that went into effect on January 21, 2019. The University of North Texas is committed to protecting the welfare of every participant in research projects conducted by UNT faculty, staff, and students. The Office of Research Integrity and Compliance maintains oversight of all research involving human subjects as federally mandated. The UNT Institutional Review Board, by action of the President, is responsible for ensuring the rights and welfare of all research participants in accordance with regulatory and ethical principles established by the ‘Belmont Report’ and by the regulations of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) found in 45 Code of Federal Regulations, Part 46. UNT’s Federal Wide Assurance number is FWA 00007479.
On March 1, 2018, the Office of Research Integrity and Compliance launched Cayuse IRB, a new electronic protocol submission system. Any new protocols submitted on or after March 1st, must be submitted via Cayuse IRB. Please refer to this page for instructions, guides and more information: Cayuse IRB